How To Use the Combo (Extended)
The TouchUpDirect combo pen and brush applicator is the best automotive touch up painting tool because it works for jobs of all sizes. Combined with the tools in the Platinum Upgrade Kit, you can use it to do a professional paint job in your home.
How to use your combo kit:
- Paint the test paper with multiple thin layers of color and clearcoat and compare it to your car. If it matches proceed with painting!
- Clean the damaged area with a wax and grease removing wipe.
- Assess the area you’re painting. If it’s uneven, sand the damaged area with 500 grit sandpaper, do not to sand outside damaged area.
- Clean the area with a tack cloth to remove dirt and dust
- Shake the primer, then apply a thin layer where there is exposed metal. Let it dry 10 minutes, sand the painted area with 1500 grit sandpaper (this is optional) and then wipe the area with the tack cloth.
- Shake the color, then apply 2-3 thin layers to your car. Let each coat dry 10 minutes before applying the next one and wipe the area with the tack cloth between each coat.
- Shake the clearcoat, then apply 2-3 thin layers to your car. Let each coat dry 10 minutes before applying the next one and wipe the area with the tack cloth between each coat.
- After the clearcoat is dry, sand the painted area with fine 2000 grit grade sandpaper (this is optional)
- Wait 24 hours, then rub the area with the polishing compound
Use our combo applicator and all the tools in our Platinum Kit to create a perfectly professional touch up job at your own home. Order now and you’ll receive free shipping! Find it in your color.