Ducati Superleggera V4 vs V4R Weight | TouchUpDirect
I measured the difference between the limited edition Ducati Superleggera V4 vs. the Ducati V4R.
I measured the weights of the Ducati Superleggera V4 vs the Ducati V4R. According to Ducati the Superleggera is 335 lbs dry with the racing kit vs. 365 lbs dry for the V4R with the racing kit. We are looking at a 30 pound claimed difference.
Differences that may affect weight
For the V4R:
- It has stock components except for an Akrapovic exhaust system and a tail.
- It has no mirrors on it currently.
- It has block offs that are turn signals.
- It has a full carbon tail section that shaves off about 7 lbs vs. the stock tail section.
For the Superleggera (SL):
- It has an Akrapovic exhaust system.
- It has mirrors and tail piece on it.
Weights of Ducati V4R vs. Superleggera V4
The V4R weights between 432 and 433 lbs.
The SL weights 400 lbs.
The difference Ducati claims on their website is accurate.
Both bikes were weighted on the same scales with nearly full tanks of gas, but the SL was driven further before the weight-in. The V4R was driven 2.6 miles from a full tank fill up. The SL was driven 11.3 miles. I get about 30 miles to a gallon so this accounts for about one third of a gallon difference.
I tested the horsepower of these two bikes side-by-side. Check out the video – V4 Superleggra vs. V4R on a dyno