Ducati Streetfighter V4 Akrapovic Homologated Slip-On Exhaust
When switching my Akrapovic Homologated Slip-On Exhaust over to my Ducati Streetfighter V4 from my Ducati Superleggera V4, I expected these differences:
- Quieter than stock exhaust
- Better appearance than stock exhaust
- Possible weight savings
For the weights, I took the weight of
- The exhaust can including heatshields
- The attached servo motor (easier than removing)
Weights of Akrapovic exhaust system from a Ducati SuperLeggera V4 vs. stock exhaust from a Ducati Streetfighter V4:
- Akrapovic system – 13 lbs
- Stock exhaust – 17 lbs
The Akrapovic system was 4 lbs lighter than the stock exhaust.
The Akrapovic exhaust seemed to have a throatier sound at idle.
I weigh the magnesium tires I added to my Streetfighter.
I take the overall weight of the bike.