Ducati Streetfighter V4 Marchesini Magnesium Wheel Install and Weight
I recently switched out my stock wheels on my Ducati Streetfighter V4 with Marchesini magnesium wheels and I wanted to see what the weight difference was. The magnesium wheels have T-Drive rotors which are considerably heavier than standard rotors but overall they are still lighter than stock wheels.
For front wheels:
- A stock wheel weighs between 24 and 25 lbs.
- A magnesium wheel with T-Drive rotors weighs between 22 and 23 lbs.
- It’s about a 2 pound difference.
For rear wheels:
- A stock wheel weighs 27 lbs.
- A magnesium wheel weighs 21 lbs.
- It’s close to a 6 lbs difference.
There’s an 8 lbs difference total between stock aluminum cast wheels and magnesium wheels. You can feel the difference in the weight on the motorcycle.
Sidenote- The stock Panigale forged aluminum wheels on my V4R weighed about the same as the Marchesini magnesium wheels.
Watch me take the total weight of my Streetfighter V4 .
Watch me take the weight difference of adding an Akrapovic Homologated Slip-On exhaust to my Streetfighter.