Color Match Guarantee
TouchUpDirect’s goal is to provide an excellent touch up experience. Our paint is high-quality, our matches are right out of the manufacturers’ books, our application tools are well-designed and accurate, and the directions are clear and effective. If you have a problem with your match, we will work with you to get it right:
- Verify that you got your color code right.
- Make sure that you followed the instructions, including the use of the test card.
- Confirm that your vehicle has not been repainted with a non-factory finish.
- Display that your finished product does not match.
If, at this point, something’s still not right, we’ll replace your paint and get you the guidance you need to make that match. Documentation of the non-matching paint and your steps in the process will be essential to figuring out the correct paint color, so please photo-document everything.
How To Order
In order to ensure that the color you are selecting will be an exact match, you will need to locate your vehicle's color code. If the color code on your vehicle matches the color selected, you should receive an exact color match. We do not recommend using the color name as a color match indicator, as many codes can share several names.
Please keep in mind that all touch up jobs are not the same. Depending on the severity of damage to the area you are touching up, you may require primer or filler as well. Take note that all TouchUpDirect paints require clear coat which is included in our Essential, Preferred and Platinum packages.
How Much Does it Cover?
Touch Up Pens - designed for small jobs like rock chips and small scratches (think the size of a pencil eraser)
Touch Up Jars - designed to handle slightly larger chips and scratches (think the size of a quarter)
Aerosol Spray Can - Aerosols are designed to re-spray an entire area (think hoods and bumpers). If you need to repair a damaged bumper or repaint your mirror cover this would do the job.
How to Apply
Each method of application varies depending on what tool you are using for your touch up job. As a general guide here are some helpful application steps.
- Wash with water and soap. Allow the surface to air dry - we do not want residue left behind from a towel, cloth or wax and grease remover wipes
- 2-3 light coats of primer, waiting 10-15 minutes in between coats
- 3-4 light coats of base, waiting 10-15 minutes in between coats
- 2-4 light coats of clear, waiting 10-15 minutes in between coats
- Allow to air dry, you may polish or buff 24- 72 hours after the paint has cured